New Ford Kuga VS Peugeot 5008; Interior, Features, Engine & Price
2020 Peugeot 5008 against 2020 Ford Kuga: The comparison compares two SUVs of an average size suitable for the family and the free time. Gritty style, a wide choice of engines and many accessories: Which one is the best?
Peugeot 5008 Vs Ford Kuga: A comparison between two cars born to satisfy those looking for a car that knows how to be spacious, ideal for the family, but at the same time equipped with an aggressive design and a height from the ground slightly higher than normal. On the one hand, the Ford Kuga 2020 is a veritable ancestor of the SUV of segment C, which has now reached its second generation and has already undergone a restyling of mid-career last year. It boasts a dynamic look, a good selection of engines and also the 4 × 4 traction.
On the other hand, the challenger is a car that completely changed nature in 2016. The Peugeot 5008, in fact, was born in its first generation in 2009 as a minivan from the family, then become a real crossover with the second series. Peugeot defines it as SUV, but in reality, it is more akin to the world of crossovers since it is not even available with the full drive, but only with the front one. The look is extremely personal and the interiors are futuristic and well finished. But which one is better? Let’s go and find out in detail.
New Ford Kuga VS Peugeot 5008; Exterior & Interior
Those looking for an SUV or a crossover are definitely looking for a car that is not only higher than normal, for better visibility, but also has an aggressive and muscular look.
The Ford Kuga 2020 was subjected to a fairly important mid-career restyling in 2016. Thanks to the designer’s interventions, the Kuga now has a more modern and aggressive front, characterized by large angular and “frowning” optical groups and a wide hexagonal mask, which is chromed on the normal and black versions for the ST-Line. Yes, because the Kuga is also available in the ST-Line set-up, which provides a dedicated and sportier aesthetic kit compared to the normal versions, which in our opinion improves the overall look of the car.
The side is made more imposing by the deep ribs and wheel arches underlined by the conspicuous cambers. Behind, finally, the lanterns are quite compact, once again angular, and extend to embrace part of the side. The black edge surrounding the rear headlights makes them more aggressive.
The challenger Peugeot 5008 takes over the look of the successful Peugeot 3008. The muzzle is high and imposing, aggressive thanks to the lights of quite compact dimensions, with a modern interior optics and a sort of claw that digs the lower edge. In the side, you can appreciate the wheels of generous size, which improve the overall proportions, but also the rather high Line of the belt, which gives sportsmanship to the side view.
Behind the headlights are horizontally and black-bottomed, able to seem almost an extension of the rear window. Along the lower of the bodywork run extensive protections for the bodywork, which make it even more SUV in the look. The tailgate and rear window are quite vertical, to increase the space on board and make the third row of seats more habitable.
Interior: Futuristic VS Traditional
The Ford Kuga has quite rational interiors in their setting: Everything is exactly where you look for it. The bridge is imposing and can count on a central console that extends slightly towards the cockpit. Very nice display of the infotainment system, almost embedded in the center of the dashboard: the screen can be up to 8 inches diagonally. The shift lever in the raised position is more comfortable in everyday driving, but perhaps it can make the control of the air conditioner more uncomfortable.
Overall, the interiors of the Kuga have good quality assemblies and materials. Everything seems done well and to last in time.
The 2020 Peugeot 5008 wants to amaze those who climb inside with a truly futuristic style. The shape of the plank plays a lot on three-dimensionality, with parts that are rounded and concave parts. The thin and horizontally developed nozzles increase the sense of width of the cockpit, while the satin-finish metal finishes make the overall appearance more premium. Very carefully the buttons of the central air-style console.
On the top of the central console stands out the display of the infotainment system, up to 8 inches, with a cantilever solution, simpler than that of the Ford. On the Peugeot, there is also standard on all versions the fully digital instrument panel.
Materials and finishes are of excellent workmanship: Inside the 5008 you breathe an air of well done very pleasant. To add, finally, that the Peugeot 5008 can accommodate up to 7 passengers (only 5 on the Kuga), although the seats in the third row are a little ‘ small and more suitable for children or teenagers.
New Ford Kuga VS Peugeot 5008; Equipment and fittings in comparison
The Ford Kuga is proposed in Italy in the productions (from the most basic to the richest): Plus, Titanium, ST-Line, and Vignale. To these are added also the versions business, Titanium business, and ST-Line business, which are mainly distinguished by the presence of the navigator standard.
The most balanced version is Titanium in our opinion, which has already series: Electric windows front and rear, alloy wheels 17 ″, automatic climate control bi zone, electric parking brake, electric mirrors in color Heated, 7 airbags, Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Hill Start Assist, Audio CD/MP3 – SYNC 3 with emergency Assistance – Bluetooth with Voice control – Applink – 2 USB – Touchscreen 8 “– 6 speakers, fog lights, cruise control with speed limiter and system Keyless.
The equipment can be enriched with the Driver Assistance Pack (automatic glare, automatic braking activation in the city, the control level of driver attention, blind angle monitoring, road signs recognition, assistance system to Driving and maintaining the roadway), adaptive cruise Control and bi-xenon headlights.
The Peugeot 5008, instead, is proposed in Italy in the productions (from the most basic to the richest): Active, Allure, Business, Crossway, GT-Line and GT. The most balanced version in our opinion is the Allure, which can already boast standard: electric parking brake and Hill Start Assist, 6 airbags, electric windows front and rear, external mirrors heated – adjustable and foldable Electrically, front and rear parking sensors, cruise Control and speed limiter, dual-zone automatic air conditioner, rain sensor and headlights, light-sensitive internal rearview mirror, fog lamps, 18 ″ alloy wheels, 8 -″ touchscreen with MirrorScreen (CarPlay, Android Auto, Mirror Link), 3d Connected Navigation with Peugeot Connect SoS & Assistance, Distance Alert + active safety Brake + active Lane Departure Warning + High Beam assist + Activew Blind Corner Assist + Driver attention Alert, Quadro Digital instruments, tinted rear and rear windows. The equipment can be further enriched with the keyless system, a rear chamber with 180 ° vision, full-LED headlights, electric massage seats and DAB radio.
It is true that we are talking about two cars that ideally should be of C-segment, but it is also true that the dimensions already begin to become important. The Ford Kuga boasts the following dimensions: Length of 4.54 meters, the width of 1.86 meters, the height of 1.70 meters and wheelbase of 2.69 meters. There is a lot of space on board for those who sit in front, and for those who sit behind.
The Peugeot 5008 has slightly more abundant dimensions: length of 4.64 meters, the width of 1.84 meters, the height of 1.65 meters and pitch of 2.84 meters. The larger length allows you to have up to 7 seats, as we said earlier. The space for the passengers of the first two rows is optimal, a little narrowed instead the third row.
Trunk & Load Capacity
The Ford Kuga has a boot with a minimum capacity of 456 liters, but which can rise to a maximum of 1,603 liters by knocking down the rear seats.
For the 2020 Peugeot 5008, the boot has a minimum capacity of 780 liters in 5-seater configuration, while you can climb up to 2,000 liters by knocking down the seats behind. Traveling in seven, however, there is very little room for luggage.
New Ford Kuga VS Peugeot 5008; Engines and Transmissions
The Ford Kuga can rely on a flatbed with McPherson front suspension and multilink rear, derived from the Focus. The range of petrol engines in here includes a single 1.5 EcoBoost turbo four-cylinder in-line, declined in the powers of 120 and 150 horsepower, both with 240 Nm of torque. This engine is only available with front-wheel drive and six-speed manual gearbox.
The range of diesel engines provides an attack version with the 1.5 TDCi from 120 hp and 270 Nm of torque, available only with the front-wheel drive while rising level we find the 2.0 TDCi from 150 hp and 320 NM (2WD or 4WD) or 180 hp and 400 NM (only 4WD). For diesel, You can choose between a manual gearbox and six-speed automatic.
The Peugeot 5008 has a platform derived from that of 308 and a suspensive pattern a little easier than the Kuga: McPherson at the front and Torsional bridge at the rear. The access version with the petrol engine is equipped with the modern 1.2 Puretech turbos three cylinders with 131 horsepower and 230 Nm of torque, available with both manual and automatic gearbox, both six-speed gearboxes. Rising level there is the four-cylinder 1.6 THP turbo from 165 horsepower and 240 Nm, combined exclusively with the automatic gearbox EAT6 six-speed.
On the front of the Diesel, recently debuted the new 1.5 BlueHDi from 131 horsepower and 300 Nm of torque that replaced the old 1.6. Going up to a level there are 2.0-liter BlueHDi from 150 hp and 370 NM or 177 hp and 400 nm. The 177 Horsepower is sold only with the Aisin eight-speed EAT8 automatic transmission, while on the 1.5 BlueHDi there is a double choice between manual and EAT8.
New Ford Kuga VS Peugeot 5008; Verdict
We are faced with two cars for the captivating family, with the aggressive and personal design. On the one hand, the Ford Kuga has undergone an important restyling that has made it more modern and personal, on the other, the Peugeot 5008 embodies to perfection the new stylistic course of the French brands, made of taut lines and sharp corners.
The 2020 Ford Kuga is a real SUV, with four independent suspensions and also the possibility of having it in full traction. The range is very wide and there are very many productions to choose from: Balanced Titanium to premium Vignale. Spacious interiors, solid and well-made: it is the car to be preferred for those who often go to the mountains or face dirt from time to time (of course to choose in version 4 × 4).
The Peugeot 5008 has the possibility to accommodate up to 7 passengers inside, but also a very large boot if you only travel in five. The futuristic interiors capture the looks, but also, in essence, they are well made: quality materials and cured finishes. The equipment is always very rich, since the most economical productions, and this is also added a rich selection of options. The engines are modern, bright and consumer parks. It is the car to choose from if you have a large family or a hobby that takes you to load a lot, but you don’t want to give up the crossover look.
Price Comparison Kuga VS Peugeot 5008
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost 120 Hp S&S 2WD Plus €23,900
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost 120 Hp S&S 2WD Business €25,750
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost 120 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium €26,150
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoB. 120 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium Bus. €27,550
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost 150 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line €28,900
- Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoB. 150 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line Bus. €30,100
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD Plus €25,900
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD Business €27,750
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium €28,150
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium Bus. €29,550
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line €29,900
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line Bus. €31,100
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD P. Business €29,750
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD P. Titanium €30,150
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD P. Jack. €31,550
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD P. ST-Line €31,900
- Ford Kuga 1.5 TDCI 120 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line Pow. Bu. €33,100
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD Business €29,750
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium €30,150
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD Titanium Bus. €31,550
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line €31,900
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD ST-Line Bus. €33,100
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 2WD Vignale €36,400
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp 4wd S&S Business €32,250
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd Titanium €32,650
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd Titanium Bus. €34,050
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line €34,400
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line Bus. €35,600
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd Vignale €38,900
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S Pow. 4WD Business €34,250
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S Pow. 4WD Titanium €34,650
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd Titanium P. Bus. €36,050
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd P. ST-Line €36,400
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line Pow. Business €37,600
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 150 Hp S&S P. 4WD Vignale €40,900
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line €35,150
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line Bus. €36,350
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S 4WD Vignale €39,650
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S P. 4WD ST-Line €37,150
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S 4wd ST-Line Pow Business €38,350
- Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 180 Hp S&S P. 4WD Vignale €41,650
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 S&S Crossway €31,750
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 S&S Active €27,950
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 S&S Allure €30,550
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 S&S GT Line €32,550
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 EAT6 S&S Crossway €33,350
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 EAT6 S&S Active €29,550
- Peugeot 5008 PureTech Turbo 130 EAT6 S&S Allure €32,150
- Peugeot 5008 THP 165 EAT6 S&S Allure €33,650
- Peugeot 5008 THP 165 EAT6 S&S GT Line €35,650
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 S&S Crossway €33,850
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 S&S Active €30,050
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 S&S Business €31,350
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 S&S Allure €32,650
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 S&S GT Line €34,650
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 S&S Active €32,000
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 S&S Business €33,300
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 S&S Allure €34,600
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 S&S Crossway €35,800
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 S&S GT Line €36,600
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 150 S&S Active €31,300
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 150 S&S Business €32,500
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 150 S&S Allure €33,900
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 150 S&S GT Line €35,900
- Peugeot 5008 BlueHDi 180 EAT8 S&S GT Line €40,700
Incoming search terms:
- 2020 kuga vs peugeot 5008