We tried the new Peugeot Rifter, French Van multi-space that comes on the market with efficient engines and plenty of space
Peugeot has pulled out of the cylinder a new and interesting model, with a trade name used for the first time but already able to suggest phonetically what will be the pivotal use of this proposal: Peugeot Rifter. A multi-space that has borrowed aesthetically all the characteristic traits of Peugeot cars, but without giving up those that are essential features for a car that must offer enough space on board for 5 or even 7 people. A worthy heir to Partner Tepee who was a winning workhorse in the MPV segment with a marketing that surpassed the 100 countries.
Peugeot Rifter 2020 Design; Just Like Peugeot Typically
New Peugeot Rifter is clearly the son of the family feeling that Peugeot wanted to donate to his models over the last few years, you can see it perfectly from the front and the shape of both the optical groups and the grille with a lion so proudly flaunted. But then there is an alternation of new lines, which the designers had to propose in an original way to allow this Peugeot rifter to stand out from the crowd. So they aimed at a good balance of proportions, on a short and flat bonnet and on generally rounded shapes, with sportiveggianti wheel arches thanks to the embossed molding.
Like and SUV
Peugeot Rifter, albeit within a separate segment, adopts a series of details borrowed from the world of SUVs, such as the higher ground clearance and the various protections of both the underbody and the under-door. This allows him to be able to launch in uses even more varied than expected by models normally belonging to this segment, opening possibilities so far almost completely unevaluated. Then there is the possibility to have it in elongated version, which foresees an increase of 35 cm in length in front of a considerably expanded interior space.
Peugeot Rifter 2020 Interior
It seems clear and obvious that even a model like new Peugeot Rifter should have the now much celebrated Peugeot I-Cockpit, confirmation of the interior that sees the driver put at the center of attention and to which are facilitated a series of tasks Thanks to details like, for example, the steering wheel from the smallest diameter of the average. But this also gives help to the 8-inch touchscreen display for infotainment and to control the board systems and also the Head-Up Display. Then on the electronic front mixed with the practicality of driving, we find the Active Grip Control, a system that can allow wriggling in situations of road background not exactly linear. It works with M + S tires and tries to offer greater traction.
Peugeot Rifter Engines
New Peugeot Rifter is offered with gasoline or diesel engines. On the petrol plane there is the engine 1.2 PureTech in the versions from 110 and 130 horsepower, the latter also with automatic gearbox EAT8 from 2019, while the diesel in option is the BlueHDi from 1.5 liters and with powers of 75, 100 or 130 horsepower.
Peugeot Rifter We have so known life with a nice tour between the challenging streets of the Côte d’Azur and the distressing traffic of Nice, which certainly will not forget. How we do not forget the reception of the spacious MPV of the House of the lion that accompanied us in this test drive leaving a good overall impression. For this first contact, we chose the version 1.5 BlueHDi 130 CV with a manual gearbox. A choice that we have a little regretted right away as we have encountered difficulties. Although the gear stroke is short, the changes are not always precise and the clutch has no great players. In the traffic, we “wrapped” at least a couple of times and we had to put the car back in motion. Recommended, therefore, the automatic transmission for a car that as passwords have in its DNA space, simple driving, and dynamism. That dynamism that is not lacking in rifter, indeed. To be a multispace with a high-riding SUV in the strait is a gem of maneuver. Clear that the presence of the I-Cockpit in this sense is essential.
The central console of Peugeot Rifter where positioned the gearbox is imposing and very beautiful aesthetically and in general the level of comfort is closer to that of a car than to that of a minivan. Feeling not only given by the cockpit but supported by the amazing soundproofing level for an MPV vehicle. The center of gravity is high and the suspension is well set and with a very good rate of flexibility.
In short, we understand also why the price of the rifter is average higher than 1,500 euros compared to Partner Tepee. And if we also add a rear habitability consisting of 3 independent seats (opening sliding rear doors) with a more than generous living and a load capacity of 770 liters that become 3300 with downed seats the game is done.
The important note is the numerous support points for objects of everyday life as well as a very large storage compartment located in the central console with the double sliding opening.
And speaking of sliding openings we can not forget the presence of the roof zenith (optional) with electric curtain, which gives much more light and a look at the Sky pleasant as well as being an exclusive accessory of the category.
Peice and Equipment New Peugeot Rifter (2018/2019)
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S Active Standard 21,650 euro
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S Active Long 22,850 euro
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S Allure Standard 22,950 euro
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S Allure Long 24,150 euro
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S GT Line standard 24,150 euro
- Peugeot Rifter 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S GT Line long 25,350 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 75 Active 21,550 Euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 75 Allure 22,850 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 Active standard 22,650 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 Active long 23,850 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 Allure standard 23,950 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 Allure long 25,150 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 GT Line standard 25,150 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 100 GT Line long 26,350 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S Active Standard 23,750 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S Active long 24,950 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S Allure Standard 25,050 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S Allure long 26,250 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S GT Line standard 26,250 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S GT Line long 27,450 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 Active standard 25,350 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 Active long 26,550 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 Allure standard 26,650 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S & EAT8 Allure long 27,850 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 GT Line Standard 27,850 euro
- Peugeot rifter 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 GT Line long 29,050 euro